The Brewery Quarter
High Street, Cheltenham
Our commitment to privacy
This privacy notice explains how we collect information from you via our websites
(https://www.grademaker.com & https://pro.grademaker.com) or in any manner expressly
described in the privacy statement and how this information is then used. When you provide
us with your personal data in the manner described, you consent to the processing of all
such personal data as set out in the privacy statement. Please read this privacy statement
carefully and revisit this page from time to time to review any changes that we may have
If you have any questions or comments about how we handle your personal information,
please email us at email@example.com. You may also use
these contacts to tell us about any concerns you may have about our privacy statement.
The Information we collect
When requesting further information through our website (https://www.grademaker.com),
we ask you to provide us with more complete information about you and your
- Full name (First name, Last Name)
- Contact Email Address;
- Full address and contact details;
- The nature of your enquiry or quotation request;
- Where you heard about us.
You can also decide to give us your mobile telephone number and your personal email
address but you only need to do this if you want us and/or our approved partners to contact
you about your submitted enquiry.
You may also provide personal/company data through:
- Calls to our offices;
- Letters and e-mails;
- Customer feedback forms
- Meetings and Conference discussions
In general, if you contact us, we may keep a record of your query or complaint for a
reasonable time in case you contact us again.
If you are asked to provide personal information which goes beyond anything covered
elsewhere in this policy by GradeMaker Ltd please check with a Director of the Company
before giving any information.
When you access our online authoring service, through our website
(https://pro.grademaker.com) you provide the following information (either directly to us,
or through your organisation), or we gather the following information electronically, in
order to allow us to provide you with the service you require:
- Email address
- Full Name (First Name, Last Name)
- Mobile telephone number (if required by your organisation to provide a 2-factor authentication service)
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address
How we use the information we collect
We use your company/personal information (provided for a query through
- To answer your queries or complaints;
- To deliver our services, for example digital asset management
- To support your business;
- To provide services;
- To carry out administration;
- For obtaining any relevant professional advice;
- As may be required by law or in connection with legal proceedings (including where we intend to take legal proceedings), or as may be necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
We use your personal information (provided for access to our online authoring service at
- To deliver our services by allowing you access to our system
- To personalise our services to you by displaying your name whilst you are logged in to our site, and to personalise notification emails that you choose to receive from us
- To provide 2 factor authentication services (in the case of mobile phone number), if required by an organisation you are undertaking work for, through our service.
In the case of your IP address, we use this to provide an audit trail of access and changes
to content within the GradeMaker Pro system – as this provides valuable information
to Awarding Organisations and Regulators who are interested in the effective and
correct development of assessment items and papers.
To achieve the purposes set out in this privacy statement we may need to give your
information to our service providers (including our approved partners), agents, professional
advisors, member companies of our parent company the Stephen Austin group and
When you submit an enquiry, we will tell you which of our approved partners will be
delivering the appropriate service. Following receipt of an official order, our selected
approved partner (or partners) will have access to your name and contact details to help us
deliver our services to you.
When you are using the GradeMaker Pro system, we may provide your personal data to
approved third parties in order to provide services (such as 2-factor authentication) which
are required to allow you to access our services and system.
We will not give your information to any other third parties not associated with your enquiry,
or your access to our services, approved or unapproved, without your express permission,
conducted in writing.
Communications between you and GradeMaker Ltd may be monitored by GradeMaker
staff to check the quality of our support.
Keeping you informed
We will use your information to send you regular updates about:
- Our services and materials;
- Additions to the website; and
- Specific activities such as customer feedback surveys and competitions.
If you wish to use GradeMaker services but do not wish to receive this information, please contact us with a request to be removed from our mailing list (both electronic and paper based).
We will never use your sensitive data for marketing purposes or to target you for customer
feedback purposes without your express consent.
Protecting your personal information
As part of a Group of companies we are required to take appropriate technical measures
to protect your personal/company information including making a regular backup of our
system and data. We have security measures in place to make sure any company/personal
information we collect is secure. All parties with access to your information are subject to
If you think someone else knows your login password to access our systems, or is using it,
tell us immediately and change your password using the facilities and processes supplied.
Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security, you should
remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100%
secure so you use the website at your own risk.
Keeping your personal data
We keep company/personal data:
- For as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for;
- As required by law; or
- To enforce or defend legal claims.
We will keep this information for a reasonable time – currently 4 years (48 months) from the last date of access to the GradeMaker system / interaction with GradeMaker regarding a business transaction.
If you wish to complain about any portion of the handling of your personal data, please
provide your complaint in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer, GradeMaker Ltd,
The Brewery Quarter
High Street, Cheltenham
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.